Grown Up Things
We know that our business isn’t the only thing in this world that matters and that it doesn’t exist just as a way of making money. Our employees depend on our business, and our customers, suppliers and the local community are all affected by what we do.
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is about understanding our business’ impact on the wider world and considering how we can use this impact in a positive way.
It means taking a responsible attitude, going beyond the minimum legal requirements and following straightforward principles that apply whatever the size of our business.
We are totally committed to CSR and have therefore developed a number of initiatives in the best interests of our people and our planet.
Here are some of our CSR initiatives:
- Cycle to work scheme
- We try to encourage all employees to cycle into work in an attempt to lower our carbon footprint.
- Car Sharing
- Advice on how to get to work and benefits of car sharing.
- Recycling Plan
- We use recycled paper for office use and recycle all the paper we discard too. We also recycle all print consumables and IT peripherals – giving them to charities that benefit from their reuse.
- Shared Services
- We work in partnership with a number of other companies to reduce unnecessary waste by pooling resources together.
- All staff are encouraged to volunteer their time 3 days per year towards local community schemes
- The company supports the charities NSPCC and Cancer Research
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- the cps group is committed to the principles of equality and fair treatment for workers in and out of the workplace environment.
- In sourcing our suppliers we take into consideration their CSR policy too as we only wish to work with companies who share the same values as ourselves.